Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Proud of being Brown - Reading

 Today Mrs Tofa Asked me and my reading group to make up a poem about being brown, It took me awhile because i had to think alot about the words i had to use in this poem. Heres My Poem :)

Poem: 

I’m proud to be brown,

Like the table which me and my family eat on,

I’m brown like the mud which kids play and jump in,

I’m brown like the bark on the tree that kids climb on,

I’m brown like the colour of the wood which you see everywhere,

I’m brown like the smoke buds my parents smoke and throw on to the garden,

I am proud to be brown like all of my family members

I am proud to be brown and I am proud to be an average brown girl who has goals and dreams to chase after. I never listen to the stereotypes about what white people say about us islanders/Polynesians. 

I am proud to be brown because I was raised in a household with brown brothers and sisters. I'm proud to be brown because I was raised right with good, caring and loving parents and siblings.

I am proud to be brown people think im am just a brown kid with no goals, no future and no dreams

1 comment:

  1. Hey Victoria,
    I really like your poem about you being proud to be brown. I am brown to and Im also proud about it. YAS girl don't listen to those stereotype. Keep it up:)

    - Maria

    ReplyDelete